WHY DID YOU NOT RUN    Like thunder, explosions from different sites,    Their weapons loaded, death was in their eyes.    You saw them marching in the distance my friend,    Closing in on you were those who did not know you.    Did they leave you there alone, turn their backs and go,    Were the men with you smarter,  were they pleading   With you?   It should not have been this way, you were not left   To die,   No sense can ever be made of this tragedy as I wonder   Why?   My friend, why did you not run as were coming an   Army of guns   As I was told you must retreat, why did you remain and wait?    I received the news from one at my door that you were   No more,   The words I heard were that you were brave and a hero,    This I would like to believe as you died needlessly.                                 Keith Garrett 

This free site is ad-supported. Learn more